A fine castle destination
The middle aged castle of Mauterndorf is in a very good condition. It is located in the middle of lush landscapes and it is really worth to visit.
There isn’t any guided tour in the castle – instead the ticket price has an audio guide included (EN / DE / IT / ES / NL / CS / HU / RU) that makes it easy to go around and have specific information about the rooms and happenings of the castle. A nice addition to the stories are the real size puppets that have been placed to the rooms to do the jobs what people did back then.
- May – June and September – October every day between 10-18
- July – August every day between 9.30 – 18.30
- January Tue and Thu between 11 – 19
- 1.2 – 1.3 Mon – Fri between 11 – 19
- 6-22.3 Tue and Thu between 11 – 19
- 24.3 – 3.4 every day between 11 – 19
- winter time adults 6,50€/ person, children 4,00€ / person and family ticket 16,00€
- summer time adults 9,50€/ person, children 5,50€ / person and family ticket 22,50€
- dogs are allowed only in the patio of the castle
- castle has a restaurant and a souvenir shop
- not suitable for disabled people
- free parking